Shaykh Munajjid was born on 30/12/1380 AH
He attended elementary, middle and secondary schools in Riyadh.
Then he moved to Dhahraan in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and
completed his university studies there.
He attended the study circles of the following shaykhs:
Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdullah ibn Baaz.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen
Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan al-Jibreen
The one from whom he learnt the most was Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn Naasir al-Barraak.
He learned precise Qur’aan recitation from Shaykh Sa‘eed Aal ‘Abdullah.
Other shaykhs from whom he learnt include:
Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan Aal Fawzaan, Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn Muhammad al-Ghunaymaan, Shaykh Muhammad Ould Sidi al-Habeeb ash-Shanqeeti, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Muhsin az-Zaamil, and Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn Saalih al-Mahmoud.
The one from whom he learnt the most through question-and-answer
sessions was Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdullah ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy
on him). His relationship with him lasted for fifteen years and he is the one
who encouraged him to start teaching and preaching, and he wrote to the Centre
for Da ‘wah and Irshaad in Dammam, asking them to let him work with them, giving
lectures, khutbahs and classes. Because of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may
Allah have mercy on him), he became a khateeb, imam and lecturer.
Imam and khateeb at ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez Mosque in al-Khobar
He has taught a number of Islamic classes, in which he taught from texts such as the following:
• Tafseer Ibn Katheer
• Sharh Saheeh al-Bukhaari (Commentary on Saheeh al-Bukhaari)
• Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah
• Sharh Sunan at-Tirmidhi
• Sharh Kitaab at-Tawheed li’sh-Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab
• Sharh ‘Umdat al-Ahkaam fi’l-Fiqh li’l-al-Haafiz ‘Abd al-Ghani al-Maqdisi
• Sharh Kitaab Manhaj as-Saalikeen fi’l-Fiqh li’sh-Shaykh as-Sa‘di.
He gives lectures on Wednesdays and monthly classes in Riyadh and Jeddah. He also has two programs on the al-Qur’an al-Kareem channel: Bayna an-Nabi salla Allahu ‘alahi wa sallam wa Ashaabihi (Between the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his Companions), Saturdays, 2.05 pm; and Khutuwaat ‘ala Tareeq al-Islaah (Steps Towards Reform), Wednesdays, 1.00 pm, repeated on Mondays, 6.45 pm.
He has also contributed to TV programs and tapes on different subjects, amounting to more than 4500 audio hours over 23 years.
He has also written a number of books, including:
1. Koonu ‘ala al-Khayr A‘waanan (Cooperate in doing good)
2. The Muslim Home - 40 Recommendations
3. 33 Ways of Developing Khushoo in prayer
4. The Prophet’s Methods for Correcting People’s Mistakes
5. 70 Matters Related to Fasting
6. Dealing with Worries and Stress
7. Disallowed Matters
8. Prohibitions that are taken too lightly
9. What you should do in the following situations
10. Weakness of Faith
11. Means of Steadfastness: Standing Firm in Islam
12. I Want to Repent, But…
13. Problems and Solutions
14. Siraa‘ ma‘a ash-Shahawaat (Fighting Whims and Desires)
Shaykh al-Munajjid set up the Islam Q&A website (www.islamqa.info) in 1996 CE and has continued running it until now.
He is also the supervisor of the Islam Web Site (www.islam.ws) which includes eight sites.
He is also the supervisor of the Zad Group, which is involved in Islamic education and da ‘wah, with activities in the fields of mobile phones, telecoms, production, broadcasting, TV and publishing.